Can't Think STR8!...

The blog for the twisted friends of mine.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Dilemna and life choices that are on my mind right now

After the Prom Ball, the graduation ceremony, the MBA is reaching its end. Everyone is leaving Canada or starting looking for jobs. I still have to finish that one course and then will be done by October 10, which is a month from now. In the meantime, I'm still finishing assignments from the previous period, hosting my family visiting me, partying to celebrate the return and leaving of friends. This is a very intense period in emotions and stress too. It's running fast, too fast. I spent an intensive year with people that were new to me but then became really close friends and now they are leaving in a matter of days and it is hard to realise that I won't see them for a long time or maybe never for some of them.

On my side, i need to organize my life as well and make some choices. Choices that I must take within the next few days or weeks and that will shape the next few years of my life and what I want to do with it. This MBA was so intense that I didn't have time to think of it yet and now the deadline is coming up. The questions that are on my mind now are: Do I want to stay in Montreal and stay with my 'new' close friends here and stay another year working in Canada? Or do I want to go back to Europe or elsewhere and discover a new place and new people? Or do I want to go back where I already been like London and see my many dear friends there and live in that city that I love?
Another type of choice is the career wise one. I know I want to switch career from IT/HR and go into Marketing where I have almost no relevant experience and start from scratch but where? Back to ING working for the banking industry that I don't really like but where I have many helpful contacts or do I want to make my own way in a new company where they've never heard of me?

So many questions that I asked myself and that people are asking me. I decided I posted this so you know what's on my mind and what I don't know but where are the options. In a month of time, hopefully I'll know where I'll work and will be able to give you at least a location and an employer name.
Locations wise, my cristal ball is a bit fuzzy but I think I can see either: Montreal (30% chance); London (20%); Amsterdam (15%);Brussels (10%) or any random location (25%) if I'm lucky that would sounds like Sydney, NYC, Milan, Madrid or Berlin. The wind of change is blowing on me so watch this space to know what will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home