Can't Think STR8!...

The blog for the twisted friends of mine.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

1st impressions about Brussels

Finally back in Brussels, I had the whole day to settled down and ventured into some of the streets.
My brother's friends are extremelly friendly and fun. They are all about 22 to 25 which must be about my mental age so we do enjoy hanging out together and like the same type of music or fun which is great.

My brother's flat is nice and well located right in the centre at walking distance of the main streets and shopping centers. Brussels is a shopping heaven. I had such a hard time finding nice runners in Montreal and here they have all the colours and variants that I couldn't imagine. I should have waited because I have now at least 5 new pairs of runners I'd like to buy and they are cheaper too!

It's interesting to see how people are well dressed here generally speaking. Some are trendys, others chic people are extremelly classic wearing big names of brands which I find a bit tasteless and unoriginal. I prefer to watch someone with a good sense of style and creativity that someone who can only show off he or she has loads of money. Who cares really?

I noticed a few people with an aggressive behaviour, kinda rude. People do not hesitate to provocate or insult each other if their personal spaces are reaching each other. I don't like that at all. Also people keep staring at each other in the eyes, which was totally not to do in Canada.

The great thing and a bit weird is that I have no more to pay or add the tips or taxes to the prices I see. That's the final price and an excellent thing about Europe.

More of my cultural shock coming back home soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home