Can't Think STR8!...

The blog for the twisted friends of mine.

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

How does it feel at -45C?

I don't know at which coldest temperature has my body ever been exposed but I think that today I broke the record. It's minus 45C right now and believe me even if I only live across the street from my school, this is the worse trip I had to go through. Walking more than 3 or 5mins outside become painful. Ok, I'm not wearing all the hats and gears I should because I know it's not far but still, it's painful! The first few seconds, you usually feel something tingling in your nose and you wonder what it is. In fact, it's the hairnose that are freezing while you breath. Then the cold start burning any exposed skin. The icey air that you breath is freezing the sinus too, just like when you eat an icecream too quickly and it hurts...eek!
When i finally reached the door after this 3mins trip outside, I bless myself for not having chosen that beautiful flat in Le Plateau where I would have had to walk 15 to 20mins to get to in the cold everyday. That would have killed me. I love my flat, nice and warm!!!:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home