Can't Think STR8!...

The blog for the twisted friends of mine.

Friday, December 26, 2003

Boxing day Frenezy

Today, I teamed up with Sylvie to do my well deserved boxing day shopping. In Europe, we used to have the sales starting of on the 1st of January and lasting for a month. Shops are mad house during the first days and the weeks following. Here, imagine the same but concentrated in one day!!! Yes, the boxing day sales last only one day starts at 1pm and finishes at 9pm. Some fanatics start queuing early in the morning to get a chance to get the best bargains. I usually can't stand the crowd so I started later around 2pm to 9pm and avoided the big malls to concentrate on the small shops.
Well, I didn't shop much this year but in a few hours we went through a few selected shops (Urban Outfitters, Jacob, Sports Experts, Guess and Browns) and I think I spent about 400$ of clothes, winter/ski gears and shoes. Basically, the amount of shopping we've done was greatly limited by the fact that the shops closed but also the fact that the human body is only equipped by 2 arms which is really understating our shopping capacities... We finished our day by a nice meal at a turkish restaurant contemplating our bargains and shopping performance of the day! Needless to say, I love Boxing Day!:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home