Can't Think STR8!...

The blog for the twisted friends of mine.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Week End in Paris

Yeah! I made it to Paris this weekend and what a ace weekend that was.
Saturday night, I took the Thalys on the cheap (Yes, that’s what the unemployed people do) and arrived at 10pm in Paris. I joined my 2 lovely hosts (Mathilde’s friends. Thanks babe!xx) who were at the Bday party of their friend who happen to own a wine shop owner. The shop was closed but the bottles weren’t and we drank the best bottles of wines, champagnes and other complimentary delicacy until nearly 4pm . Then time to head home for a “quick” French dinner bite with yummy French cheeses and the famous “baguette” before hitting the pillow.

Sunday morning, I woke up the next day at 11ish as I was meant to meet my MBA mate Amar who lives in Paris for lunch. It was great talking about jobs and unemployed life as he was showing me some beautiful places in Paris. It was very sunny so we walked a lot, we went through Le Marais, Place des Vosges with Victor Hugo’s house, Saint-Louis Island where we had coffee at a terrace then we headed for Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral. We went inside and there was a mass since it was Sunday. Surprisingly, they still let the tourists in turning in circle inside around the church as the procession is going. Weird! We finished by Le Louvre before saying goodbye. Then I headed to my friend’s loft for dinner and did some shopping and walking in Le Marais which is the gay and cutest district in Paris. I had such a great time and Paris is so beautiful. That would be a paradise if waiters and Parisians weren’t so impatient and aggressive among them. They keep barking at each other and that’s very stressfull.

Monday morning, I had my test at PG. We were 5 canditates and only one guy passed it (suckers!) so at noon I was free and my train was only at 5pm so I decided to leave my suitcase and suit at ‘Gare du Nord’ and become a tourist again. I went to Pigalle, Barbes then ‘le Sacré Coeur’ in Montmartre. I then headed to the Cemetery “Le Père Lachaise” where many celebrities are buried. It was huge and I didn’t have a map of the tombs so I just walked around and found by chance Jim Morrison tomb. It was quite lost in the whole cemetery and there was a guard making sure that no one is spraying his tomb with graffiti or stuff.
I walked around and saw really nice tombs and scenery so I decided to do artistic shots. I wasn't sure if it was morally acceptable to take pictures in a cimetery but then I remember that no one had any problems taking pictres of the temple and pyramids in Egypt and these are tombs too so why not. It was then time to head home so I walked back and took my thalys. Only 1h20 from Brussels and I was home. Hmm It's so nice to have time to spend like this.

1 Comments:

At November 16, 2004 at 6:03 PM, Blogger whatever said...

Yes it was great. I wish you were there. Hopefully, I'll make it for Christmas too.

Dreen'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home