Can't Think STR8!...

The blog for the twisted friends of mine.

Friday, November 19, 2004

First steps with Skype!

wow! I just spoke with Mathilde who just downloaded Skype and we spoke for ages doing some testing and chatting. It is SO funny and the quality is pretty good even if unequal at times but we both were using dial up connection so that wasn't too bad. The interesting thing is that you can make your profile open (Skype me mode) and random stranger may call you. I did that first to test the phone as I needed someone who had the software and I chatted with a really cool guy in Brussels as I was finetuning the phone features and checking how it was working. You can browse the users (called "Skype friends") by country, cities, age and stuff and talk to preselected or random people all over the world that are ok for you to call them. That is something really odd but useful if you want to know something about a specific location and want to talk to a friendly local. You can also block your account to the only people you know but at this stage, I still find exciting that random people call me from wherever in the world and have a quick chat. Who knows who I may talk to? My Skype name is 'Dreeny'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home